Scary Menopausal Thoughts

I've been having some scary thoughts lately and I'd like to blame them on peri-menopause.

Sigh...nothing at all against my husband who provides for his family and loves us, but I'm not sure I want to be married anymore. I pray this is menopause and the thought will pass. It's not a funny situation, but believe me, I'm laughing out loud! Me?  Previous facilitator of our church's couples' ministry? Me? Founder of Momsweb? Me? Encourager to many wives in struggling marriages? Yep, I'm LOL for sure!

I now understand why couples who have been married for 20, 30, 40 years get divorced! 

Wives get tired of being wives! For over half of our life, we've nurtured others. When peri-menopause hits, some things happen in a woman's body and mind that gives her a desire to want to nurture herself the last half of her life.

To be continued....

No comments: