Ditch The Dream

The following is an excerpt from my first book, "We Snap in Silence"

"My unexpected expectations of my husband took me to a pool of dissatisfaction and I began to ask the question, "What happened?" Not only were these expectation unfair to him, they were damaging our marriage. I began planning my dream wedding when I was in high school by purchasing brides books and imagining exactly what my wedding dress would be like. Little emphasis were put on my marriage because all my attention was on the wedding ceremony. I had a dream and expected my husband to help make my dream come true. He didn't have a chance! I set him up for failure from the very beginning. When I shared my feelings of discontent with him, he was confused."


Expectations deliver one thing - disappointment.
Don't place expectations on your spouse!

1 comment:

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Blessings.....
Expectations is the foundation of dissapointments. Often couples have their own agendas and ideas of what their marriage will look like and be like without communicating at any point those expectations.

Good point....